This ministry arranges opportunities that nurture and deepen relationships among BBC Covenant Members, The congregation, and it’s extended community, creating a loving, caring community of believers who demonstrate the fruit of the spirit by loving Christ and each other, with friendliness, true concern and compassion.
Ministry teams and activities under the Community Life and Fellowship Core Ministries include:
All women of the church are members of the Women’s Fellowship, Meetings are listed on the church calendar. A couple to mark on your calendars:
March 12, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.
The Women’s Fellowship will meet in the Old Fellowship Hall to roll bandages for the White Cross. All women of the church as well as women in the community are invited to attend. Coffee and refreshments will be served in the a.m. Please bring your lunch, beverages will be served.
The Women’s Fellowship will once again sponsor a Baby Shower for the Baby Center in Hyannis. There will be more information coming forth as we get closer to spring.
“Just Us Ladies Interested (in) Eating Together,’ meeting at 9:00 am on the first Monday of the month at the Hearth and Kettle in Orleans. Come for coffee and conversation! Reservations not required. All women are welcome to join us for a wonderful time of fellowship over breakfasts. Contact Kathy Estes for more information.
Woman’s Book Discussion
This group usually meets the last Thursday of every month at 1 p.m.
- December 18, Thursday at Noon, Christmas Luncheon. The Gift by Richard Paul Evans. Ann Longton will facilitate.
- January 22, Thursday at 1:00 p.m. BBC Lounge. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Ann Wolf will facilitate.
- February 26, Thursday at Noon, BBC Old Fellowship Hall. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. Susan Logsdon will facilitate. The film will be shown.
- March 26, Thursday at 1:00 p.m., BBC Lounge. A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron. Carolyn Fitzpatrick will facilitate.
- April 23, Thursday at 1:00 p.m, BBC Lounge. Rabbit-Proof Fence by Doris Pilkington. Teecia Kent will facilitate.
- May 28, Thursday at 1:00 p.m., BBC Lounge. The Street of a Thousand Blossoms by Gail Tsukiyama. Janet Bantley will facilitate.
- June 25, Thursday at Noon, Luncheon at Joyce Davis’ home. Defending Jacob by William Landay. Carol Meymaris will facilitate. We will also be picking out future books for the coming year.
A Christmas dinner will be provided on Christmas day at the church! We will be serving clam chowder, cheese and crackers at noon, followed by a dinner of ham, green beans and roasted red potatoes. Come and join us if you would like to share Christmas dinner with your church family. It is free of charge, made possible by a generous anonymous donor. Contact The Church office for more information or to make your reservations.
For more information regarding this ministry, contact Bob Linnell.